- DI has been involved in the establishment of similar institutions in Europe and in the US, the Institute for Democratic Education in America (IDEA).
- DI is the Israeli representative of Big Picture Learning – an organization which designs schools which put children at the center of their own learning.
- DI has accompanied the process of community cooperation in designing a school system in the Canary Islands.
- DI, in conjunction with the Israeli Foreign Ministry, has been involved in the process of training preschools in Ghana.
- DI’s academic partnerships include a joint degree program in Israel for Jewish professionals with Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership and partnerships and student exchanges with Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg in Germany.
- DI is a member of the Israeli friends of High Tech High (HTH) which aims to implement similar school models in Israel.