Processes of Growth in Local Municipalities
In the last few years IDE has begun to operate in the sphere of municipal activities within the educational and academic world as leverage for communal and organizational change. We bring our experience and knowledge from the world of education improve the way in which organizations and communities conduct processes of change.
Areas of cooperation with the municipality:
- Creation of partnerships and agreements between parties interested in advancing local narratives.
- Development and implementation of local educational models in cooperation with interested parties – municipalities, Ministry of Education, parents, local educational leaders, teachers, and students.
- Promotion of the culture of inclusive governance via a variety of municipal programs in the areas of the community and the society at large.
- Writing programs, such as a master’s program in education, in cooperation with interested parties.
- Identification and analysis as a basis for a community-based educational plan.
- Building a policy to strengthen the local economy through incubators for business entrepreneurship among young people and forums of small business owners.
Examples of various city-based programs:
Holon – A pioneering system of educational assessment which bases learning on projects instead of matriculation exams. The program operates throughout the city’s junior high schools and high schools. The program was implemented according to the model of HighTech High (HTH) in San Diego.
Raanana – An experimental city in the field of singularity which is expressed in schools by working on processes of authentic leadership with the principal and the teaching staff and with the municipal educational authority.
Ramat Gan – Implementation of the program This Kindergarten is Me with its unique educational model for preschools led by the director of the city’s early childhood education, supervisors from the Ministry of Education, and the city’s educational staff.
Brenner Regional Council – A process of public cooperation to build a new regional educational model.
We are looking to extend the program to Israel’s social and geographical peripheries and to target new sectors and participants.
The program partners are the Ministry of Education and the local municipalities.
The Institute for Democratic Education
Address: 149 Derech Namir, Tel Aviv 62507, Israel | Tel: 972-3-741-2729 | Fax: 972-3-741-2723
www.democratic.co.il | email@example.com