Consulting to Education Policy-makers
In recent years, early childhood education has become a focal point for policy makers, but herein also lies a challenge: how to plan early childhood policies when the only thing we know for sure is that the world the children will grow into will be very different from the one we live in today?
We help policy-makers create changes in early childhood education, taking a long-term, but flexible view, and taking advantage of the wonderful brains in the field to ponder these challenges together. This joint thinking encourages the application of pedagogical changes in preschool settings.
• Adapting ECE settings in Israel to the 21st century
• The flagship project of the Israeli Ministry of Education which dictates policy, where we helped develop a strategy and comprehensive work plan that is being implemented in 16,000 ECE settings. We helped train some 900 new ECE teachers as change agents, and led the professional development for some 130 ECE inspectors.
• Leading pedagogical change in Ghana
• Together with the Ghanaian Ministry of Education and the Israeli Foreign Office we developed modern pedagogies adapted to meet the local challenges. We also helped establish an organizational framework to implement those pedagogies in ECE settings across the country.
• Building a training framework and degree studies in Liberia
• We have collaborated with the Liberian Ministry of Education and the Israeli Foreign Office to formulate an academic study track with practical training for ECE teachers, offering this track to women students at universities, colleges and teacher education colleges.
Read an article
Lading a change in educational systems http://www.democratic.co.il/en/leading-change-educational-system/
Initiatives in developing countries http://www.democratic.co.il/en/initiatives-third-world-countries/
This kindergarten is me http://www.democratic.co.il/en/this-kindergarten-is-me/
The Democratic Institute - society and education
Address: 149 Derech Namir, Tel Aviv 62507, Israel
Tel: 972-3-741-2729 | Fax: 972-3-741-2723